Monday, August 20, 2007

Angelo Sperzaga Violin

The other violin that I did not have time to blog about was the 2004 Sperzaga.





[2004 Sperzaga, front & back]

Although the violin we received is relatively new, Sperzaga has been around the violin making process for some time now. He graduated from the International Violin Making Institute of Cremona in 1986 and has made his rounds under the apprenticeship system over in Italy. I've tried to read up some more on his biography but many of the sources listed on the websites are price quotes or lists of awards and accomplishes by the maker.



If I could read Italian though, I might have better luck understanding his website. Nice Flash based informational website but unfortunately under construction as I found the English links to be of no use.

No comments:

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.